Dear Friends, Visitors/Viewers/Readers,
(Please click on red links below)
Please show your support for Renewable Energy by visiting-signing-sharing Renewable-FIT For Sunshine State!
A quick reminder for those of you who have been emailing me to request for promotion of your organization or for specific questions, your cause/organization or question is important to Sun Is The Future. But since we receive many emails and we always ask for permission to post photos of your particular organization, please be patient. Please mention, in your emails, that your organization gives Sun Is The Future the permission to post your particular organization’s photos for promotion. Thanks to the existence of internet, we are now able to truly reach out to the whole planet Earth to seek cooperation and collaboration!
I have received emails from Albert Kahai of Tanzania, the Founder and Director of Hurumia Watoto Group Organization and program manager of Sadani Education Trust Fund. Mr. Kahai is asking for earthly support of Solar Power to enable his community schools and hospitals in village to have lights and power in order to improve students’ performance and allow hospitals to function at nights.
The Hurumia Watoto Group Organization (HWO) is a community-based organization, affiliated with the TANZANIA Community, for protection and organization of widows and women, health, and AIDS infection, and children. HWO is a small non-governmental organization committed to social justice through community empowerment. It was established in 2006 and became a legal entity in 2007 at a community grass roots lower level, focusing on mobilizing and strengthening communities to support the basic needs of women and children. Its program and activities are concentrated in Mwanza City, Tanzania (its headquarter at Nyakato in Ilemela District)at the moment. Some of its objectives are:
- Develop a resource center for information dissemination and capacity building
- Participate in activities aimed at improving the welfare of widows, women, young females and children in the community
- Promote and preserve the environment
- Teach and support widows, women, and young females to become self-reliant through vocational training
- Develop water resources
Some of the programs/activities HWO are carrying out:
- Support HIV/AIDS afflicted widows, and help women, young females and their children to live healthy lives by meeting their basic needs
- Empower women to meet their basic needs with health and medical treatment
- Support children through education, health, and shelter
- Facilitate positive environmental change by planting trees and green areas
- Invite and cooperate with community groups, institutions, churches, schools, and the local government to find ways to reduce sexual harassment of widows, women, and young females, orphans, and vulnerable children
- Organize community sustainable projects and equip youth with skills and knowledge
- Help to improve water and sanitation conditions
- Educate the community regarding the role of women today, reducing sexual harassment to widows and women, and improve development o f children
If you would like to help HWO to establish Solar Power for their community center, schools, or hospitals, please contact:
TANZANIA POSTAL BANK
Mwanza, Kenyata branch
Name of Account: Hurumia Watoto Group Centre
Account Number: 016-00001789
Hurumia Watoto Group Organization
A nonprofit community-based organization,
registered number A.50/178/2007
P.O. Box 8089, Mwanza, Tanzania
Our organization is located in Mwanza, Tanzania, about 12 kilometers from the Mwanza airport and we operate in Ilemela districts of Mwanza city and rural village.
Mr. Kahai is also asking for earthly support of Solar Power for various initiatives at Sadani Education Trust Fund in building schools and hospitals. Sadani Education Trust Fund (S.E.T.F) is a non-profit organization founded in April 2013, to fight against illiteracy of all forms and promote education in all levels to improve livelihood of those most in need through education & community development in Tanzania. Find out how you can help S.E.T.F. by visiting How You Can Help.
***Sun Is The Future does not benefit financially from HWO.***
For regions without the benefit of the grid, it is a no brainer that Solar Power should be the way to establish community power. So, let’s help these community schools and hospitals in acquiring their solar power so students will be able to study after sunset and hospitals may operate at nights. Let’s spread the sunshine!
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics:
~have a bright and sunny day~
gathered, written, and posted by sunisthefuture-Susan Sun Nunamaker
Any of your comments will be welcomed below or via firstname.lastname@example.org (please note if you do not want your email to be shared)